9/25/2011

It's all about the lists


When it comes to shopping, I always make lists. On these lists, I write all the things I really want to have for next season.  Every season I find it hard to keep myself to the list. Because well, there’re two kinds of shopping I guess. The first is, shopping with a purpose. You’re going on the hunt for a new pair of boots, or that one jacket, you regretted not buying last time. Actually, this kind of shopping is really good for your wallet. You’ve probably thought a while about buying this item and you just really want to own it, so the chance is big that you feel satisfied after finally buying this item. This reduces the chance that, on that same day, you buy something that’s not on your list.
The second kind of shopping, is unscheduled shopping or random shopping. Just out of the blue, you decide to go shopping. Random shopping is bad as well for your  list as for your wallet. It seems like, during random shopping, you always find beautiful things, which make you enormously greedy. So at the end you end up buying beautiful things, but honestly they’re not on your list. And because of that  you’ll feel guilty that you’ve cheated,  so you just add the item, you bought, to your list, which is already growing day by day. This is my theory about how great lists work, how enormously they suck and how you get broke. I’m on the mend and I’m no longer broke. But sometimes I cheat. Tomorrow I’ll publish my list for this season, but I can assure you, this list will be changed frequently and I’ll extend it even more.

What's on your list?


Lots of love, Liselot

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten